It’s getting hot out and while the sun may go down at night, the temperature may not. If you don’t have an air conditioner, you need to do everything you can to keep you and your family cool. It’s very irritating to feel sweaty at night.
Here are some tips to help you sleep better this summer:
* Work out early – It takes a while for the body to cool off, especially when it is overheated by exercise. During the summer months, try to avoid physical activity late in the day because your body takes some time to cool down.
* Take a cool shower just before bed to help lower your body temperature.
* Use a ceiling fan – Having a ceiling fan as your light fixture is smart. Ceiling fans recirculate the air in your room, providing a cool breeze while you sleep.
* Sleep downstairs during the summer months – If your bedroom is on the second level, consider sleeping downstairs since heat rises to the top.
* Sleep in cotton or silk. They are the coolest materials around.
* Adjust your bedding. Use silk or cotton to keep you fresh and cool like with your pajamas. Also, make your bed daily and it will keep cooler. Add to that frequent fluffing of your pillow to keep it cool as well.
* Sleep with your feet out. For some reason, when your feet are out from under the covers, your body feels cooler.
If you’re having difficult sleeping at night because of the heat, these tips should help you discover how to get to sleep better.
Having trouble sleeping in general, check out these sleep aid products.